Monday, October 9, 2017

2 Peter 1- Have you heard His voice?

Eyewitnesses of His Majesty
(Matthew 17:1-13; Mark 9:1-13; Luke 9:28-36)
16For we did not follow cleverly devised fables when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of His majesty. 17For He received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice from the Majestic Glory said to Him, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”a 18And we ourselves heard this voice from heaven when we were with Him on the holy mountain.

When a crime or a event is being investigated eyewitnesses are a form of proof to what happened. Peter was an eyewitness to His Majesty! He saw the event and heard Gods voice from heaven.

How do you hear His voice?
I once heard it while hunting. In November of 2015 after our move to Michigan I was thanking God for our move, our blessings, the beauty around me, the birds, and I then asked Him what He thought about hunting while acknowledging what He says in the Bible about the animals, birds, fish to be used for our needs.
He answered me with the sounds of leaves rustling under hooves and the sight of antlers less than 25 yards of me. One shot later I asked Him; why He loved me so? There were tears in my eyes. You see, my evidence is clear on His Majesty! It was Him who guided this 6 point buck to me. He had answered my question on what He thought about hunting.

Have you heard His voice?

Blessings, David 


No comments:

Post a Comment