Thursday, October 19, 2017

2 Peter 3- Do you?

11Since everything will be dissolved in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to conduct yourselves in holiness and godliness 12as you anticipate and hasten the coming of the day of God, when the heavens will be dissolved by fire and the elements will melt in the heat. 13But in keeping with God’s promise, we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.

Life is hard, survival is a struggle and everyday the work list seems to get longer. Winter is coming and I am scurrying like a chipmunk to get the "list" downsized before the snow hits. And after the snow hits I will spend most my time stoking the wood stove, plowing snow, snow blowing snow and shoveling snow. 
But I have to remind myself that it's all going to get burned up anyway! 

In the meantime we try to conduct ourselves in holiness and godliness. 

I look forward to Gods promise, a new heaven and earth where righteousness dwells!

I "anticipate and hasten the coming of the day of God".

Do you?


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment