Tuesday, October 10, 2017

2 Peter 1- Are you paying attention to the message?

19We also have the message of the prophets, which has been confirmed beyond doubt. And you will do well to pay attention to this message, as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. 20Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture comes from the prophet’s own interpretation. 21For no prophecy was ever brought about through human initiative, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit. 

The prophets also witnessed His Majesty. God spoke directly through them to the people.
Years ago our family was going through a rough time. I had someone I didn't know approach me at church and he said God spoke to him about me. He assured me that God said everything will be ok. Everything was ok and it turned out exactly as he said. 
Why is it necessary for God to use others to send a message to someone? I don't know but the Bible is full of examples. Maybe we are too emotional or caught up in sin to be paying attention to the message?

All scripture is inspired by God. 
One of my brothers commented that the Bible was a myth written by men. I told him it was not a myth that it was written by men that were carried along (inspired) by the Holy Spirit. 

Are you paying attention to the message?


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment