Friday, October 20, 2017

Promises, Promises. Genesis 13:14-18 NLT

When we were kids, we probably made promises we thought we could keep. "I promise we will always be friends." As young adults we promised to love "for better or worse" in our marriage vows. Yet, when things get tough, many cut and run which is evident in the high divorce rate. As an "older adult", I've learned not to put stock in promises. Is that being cynical? No, I think it's just being realistic. We can't control the future so we shouldn't make promises. 

God always keeps His promises. Only He can control the future. He promised Abram the land of Canaan "to you and your descendants as a permanent possession." And He told Abram "And I will give you so many descendants that, like the dust of the earth, they cannot be counted!" Abram's  many descendants still possess that land today. 

What was Abrams response? "There he built another altar to the LORD." 

Thank you Lord for Your promises. Thank you Lord for keeping Your promises. Thank you Lord for being in control. Control my steps today Lord so I can honor you. In Jesus name, amen. 

Genesis 13:14-18 NLT

14 After Lot had gone, the LORD said to Abram, “Look as far as you can see in every direction—north and south, east and west.  15 I am giving all this land, as far as you can see, to you and your descendants  as a permanent possession.  16 And I will give you so many descendants that, like the dust of the earth, they cannot be counted!  17 Go and walk through the land in every direction, for I am giving it to you.” 

18 So Abram moved his camp to Hebron and settled near the oak grove belonging to Mamre. There he built another altar to the LORD. 


Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment