Sunday, October 1, 2017

Love, grace, mercy and forgiveness!

By what I see in the scriptures, there will probably be more people in hell
than in heaven. If Christians truly believe that hell is as bad as the
Bible says, then we would not even want our worst enemies to go there.
There was a man, Charles Frederick Peace (14 May 1832 – 25 February 1879)
who was an English burglar and murderer who was sentenced to death and made
a statement that strikes me to the core of who I am, "Sir, if I believed
what you and the church of God say that you believe, even if England were
covered with broken glass from coast to coast, I would walk over it, if
need be, on hands and knees and think it worth while living, just to save
one soul from an eternal hell like that!" There are many ways to help
others come to know Jesus as Lord and Savior. Words of faith, actions in
service, prayer for help. Many of us, through prayer, find a way to make
peace with our past and the situations that have scarred us, so that we can
help others. Everyone has probably gone through something that wasn't good.
We have a choice to love and be better or to hold resentment and be bitter.
It is written in *Luke 6:27 “But I say to you who hear [Me and pay
attention to My words]:Love [that is, unselfishly seek the best or higher
good for] your enemies, [make it a practice to] do good to those who hate
you, 28 bless and show kindness to those who curse you, pray for those who
mistreat you.* In my own life I can think of people that have hurt me in
such a way that I never want to see them again here on earth. But I do pray
that they surrender their lives to Jesus and that they allow God to show
them the same love, grace, mercy, and forgiveness that He has shown me. I
pray that Holy Spirit touches their lives in a way that changes them from
the inside out. In Jesus name, amen.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment