Monday, October 30, 2017

I am also a man (sinner)!

I was sharing with a friend a while back some of the struggles that I am
having and asked if this has changed the way that they look at me, the way
that they see me as a person, as a "Christian"? Their response was, "It's
nice to know that you are human". There are so many people that look to
leaders as something perfect, someone to be praised. The Apostle Peter
walked into Cornelius' house and was greeted with worship. *Acts10:25 As
Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him and fell down at his feet and
worshiped him. 26 But Peter lifted him up, saying, “Stand up; I myself am
also a man.”* There were also contentions in the Corinthian church.
*1Cor1:12 Now I say this, that each of you says, “I am of Paul,” or “I am
of Apollos,” or “I am of Cephas,” or “I am of Christ.” 13 Is Christ
divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of
Paul?* The body of Christ is made up by men, who are sinners saved by grace
as the rest of us. Brethren, may we strive to live a life that glorifies
our God, worship the only One that deserves it, Jesus, and be filled with
Holy Spirit as to not walk in the flesh. Heavenly Father, thank You for
looking deeper in us than what others see, and for seeing our potential to
glorify You in spite of who we are or what we have done. Please help Your
children to trust that You want us just as that we are today and have a
plan to mold us, change us, transform us into the people we need to be so
You can use us for Your kingdom. Help us to trust You and Your plan for our
lives. Help others to see Jesus' reflection in us. Help all who read this
to understand that You have a plan and purpose for their lives as well. In
Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment