Friday, January 13, 2017

Who do you love?

Gen22:2 God said, “Take now your son, your only son [of promise], whom you
love, Isaac, and go to the region of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt
offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.”
Matt22:37 And Jesus replied to him, “ ‘You shall love the Lord your God
with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’
Luke14:26 “If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and
mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his
own life [in the sense of indifference to or relative disregard for them in
comparison with his attitude toward God]—he cannot be My disciple.

Who do you love? Loving Jesus more than life, more than everyone and
everything is not easy. Jesus stated that if our love for people is more
than our love for God we cannot be His disciples. Throughout my Christian
walk I have contemplated these words many times. I look to other scriptures
where Abraham was given specific instructions to sacrifice his son of
promise and was obedient. I read and re-read the words of the Lord Jesus
and feel like such a failure, not knowing if I love Jesus enough, and not
just enough, but more, more than anyone and anything else. When I go to
sleep at night, I want to believe that one of two things will happen in the
morning. I will wake up another day closer to heaven or I will wake up in
heaven. I want to love God more than anyone or anything else. I want it to
be seen by my love for Jesus and I ask that God fill me with Holy Spirit to
be able to do it. And not just me, but all of His children, in Jesus
precious and powerful name, amen.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment