Sunday, January 22, 2017

Philippians 2 NLT Would you rejoice?

14Do everything without complaining and arguing, 15so that no one can criticize you. Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people. 16Hold firmly to the word of life; then, on the day of Christ’s return, I will be proud that I did not run the race in vain and that my work was not useless. 17But I will rejoice even if I lose my life, pouring it out like a liquid offering to God,e just like your faithful service is an offering to God. And I want all of you to share that joy. 18Yes, you should rejoice, and I will share your joy.

As I read these verses I can't help to think of the groups protesting our new president going against the commands of God.
But we need to be reminded that Jesus loves them too, even if they reject His teachings, His love and His way.
Remember Saul who became Paul?

We must live innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights throughout the world holding firmly to the Word of life because we know what our future will be when we meet Christ. That our work, running the race for Him will not be in vain.

90,000 Christians lost their lives for Christ in 2016, poured out like a liquid offering to God,e

Would you rejoice and consider it joy if you lost your life for Christ?
Paul did!

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/01/12/study-christianity-persecuted-around-world-90k-martyred-2016

Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment