Tuesday, January 31, 2017

He paid a debt He did not owe!

Isaiah53:2  For He [the Servant of God] grew up before Him like a tender
shoot (plant), And like a root out of dry ground; He has no *stately* form
or *majestic* splendor That we would look at Him, Nor [handsome] appearance
that we would be attracted to Him.

What is it about Jesus that draws so many to Him? For the Christian today,
we love Him beyond measure, but why? According to the scriptures, He was an
average guy by appearance. For me, it has never been about what He wasn't,
it is all about who HE is. We read of the miracles, the healings, feeding
of the thousands, compassion and care for the people. Could that be it?
What about Jesus fulfilling over 300 Old Testament prophecies? What about
His sacrifice upon the cross? I believe that all of these things are part
of it. Jesus is, Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father,
Prince of Peace, Son of God, the Word of Life, the Way and so much more. I
believe that more of it is that God loved us so much that He became like
us, so that we could learn what it takes to be more like Him. The
selflessness He exampled for us in a selfish world. I look at all He did
for me and am just blown away. We paint pictures in our minds of who He is
that we fall in love with. I look forward with expectancy to see my Lord
Jesus face to face. I am very thankful to Jesus for all that He did for me.
He paid a debt He did not owe, because I owe a debt that I cannot pay. I
know what drew me to Jesus, He has the face of love and the heart of
forgiveness.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment