Friday, January 20, 2017

We are the family of God!

Acts21:17 When we arrived in Jerusalem, the brothers and sisters welcomed
us gladly. Romans 16:14 Greet Asyncritus, Phlegon, Hermes, Patrobas,
Hermas, and the brothers who are with them.

Looking forward to the family reunion in heaven. There are many people that
I have come to know that I will probably never meet in person. They have
quickly become family because of a common bond, the Lord Jesus. For some,
it is a facade, and for others, you are truly genuine. For my brothers and
sister in Christ, I want to thank you for the encouragement that you have
given me. I also want you to know how much of a blessing it is to be able
to see the Lord Jesus reflected in what you do and who you are. Thanks to
Facebook and other social media, we come to learn a lot about each other.
We learn about family members, different countries, favorite foods, whether
or not you are a Packers fan, what each other does for work, hobbies and so
much more. One of my favorite things to see is the love that others have
for the Lord Jesus. Walter Winchell wrote, "A real friend is one who walks
in when the rest of the world walks out". May we be that kind of friend to
all those around us, whether we know them personally or not. We are the
family of God, may we love like it.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment