Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Did the baptismal water stick to you?

Matt7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom
of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven.22
Many will say to Me on that day [when I judge them], ‘Lord, Lord, have we
not prophesied in Your name, and driven out demons in Your name, and done
many miracles in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them publicly,
‘I NEVER KNEW YOU; DEPART FROM ME [you are banished from My presence], YOU
WHO ACT WICKEDLY [disregarding My commands].’

There are many people who know that there is a God and do not want to serve
Him. I know that throughout my own Christian walk that I have done things
and not done things the way that God wanted me to. There will be a day of
judgement, when all people will stand before God. The only thing that is
going to get someone to heaven is who they know, and that person is Jesus.
Works cannot save anyone. Not prophecy, casting out demons, miracles,
baptism, none of these are a means of salvation. I remember the day that I
got baptized, there was someone that was very dear to me that got baptized
that night as well. That person did not want to serve God and left, I guess
the water didn't stick. Jesus spoke and said that many will be told to,
Depart from Him, and be banished from His presence. If any who read this
does not know Jesus as Lord, please contact me, I would love to introduce
you to the Savior of the world. If you do know Him, I pray that God gives
you boldness by Holy Spirit to do the will of our Father. In Jesus precious
and powerful name, amen.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment