Friday, January 13, 2017

Phillipians 1 How much interest are you earning?

Paul's Trials Advance the Gospel
(James 1:2-8)
12Now I want you to know, brothers, that my circumstances have actually served to advance the gospel. 13As a result, it has become clear throughout the whole palace guard (a) and to everyone else that I am in chains for Christ. 14And most of the brothers, confident in the Lord by my chains, now dare more greatly to speak the word without fear.

Do your circumstances serve to advance the gospel?

Paul was in prison but the whole palace guard AND everyone else knew that he was in chains for Christ. Yes he preached the gospel to them while in prison. Paul set the example and the brothers were following it by becoming more bold for Christ without fear.

If Paul could evangelize while in chains can you at least evangelize while free?
Or are you afraid you will be rejected like Jesus was to the Jews at His trial?

Brethren, time is short. When you stand before God, how much interest will you account for with what He has entrusted you with?

Matthew 25:25 So I was afraid and went out and hid your gold in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.' 26 "His master replied, 'You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed?

Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment