Monday, January 23, 2017

Philippians 2 Whom can you commend?

Paul Commends Timothy
19If the Lord Jesus is willing, I hope to send Timothy to you soon for a visit. Then he can cheer me up by telling me how you are getting along. 20I have no one else like Timothy, who genuinely cares about your welfare. 21All the others care only for themselves and not for what matters to Jesus Christ. 22But you know how Timothy has proved himself. Like a son with his father, he has served with me in preaching the Good News. 23I hope to send him to you just as soon as I find out what is going to happen to me here. 24And I have confidence from the Lord that I myself will come to see you soon.

Do you have someone who works along side of you that you can commend and have confidence in?
A brother or a sister that is always there supporting your mission from the Lord?

I had such brothers and sisters while serving at the Arizona State Veterans Home! They were always there, week after week supporting me, supporting the mission, supporting the other chaplains serving Christ and the veterans! We started out each going door to door in our assigned unit of 30 rooms then converging on the remaining unit working side by side serving Christ preaching the Good News.

I miss my brother and sister chaplains! But I am blessed to know they continue serving our Jesus. I am blessed to call them brothers and sisters and like Paul and Timothy they will always hold a special place in my heart.

Whom can you commend?

Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment