Saturday, January 28, 2017

Mortality Hit Us In The Face. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

2 Corinthians 4:16-18
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
I'm feeling a little disheartened today. One friend is by her mama's side as she prepares to go to Jesus and another friend is in the hospital facing open heart surgery on Monday. In a week I will travel to Florida to visit my step mom. Although I enjoy our time together, it is emotionally difficult because I miss my dad who died in 2013. 
Outwardly we are wasting away. Our hair grays, arthritis reminds us we are aging, our hearts wear out. Those we love die. Eventually we will too. Mortality hits us in the face. 
If we have our hope in Christ, death is only the beginning. Sure, we miss people when they are gone but we live with the knowledge we will see them again someday. We morn our loss of them, we miss their smile, their laugh, their company. 
But we rejoice. We rejoice they are in the presence of our Lord. We rejoice they have finally found peace. We rejoice they have finally found rest.  We rejoice they are out of their pain. 
Please pray with me for Bridget and Sandy. Bridget, one of my newest friends, as she releases her mama to Jesus and Sandy, one of my long time friends, as she goes through open heart surgery in Monday. Pray for Gods healing power in both of their lives. 
Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment