Friday, January 27, 2017

Sin, filthy rags!

Isaiah64:6 For we all have become like one who is [ceremonially] unclean
[like a leper], And all our deeds of righteousness are like filthy rags; We
all wither and decay like a leaf, And our wickedness [our sin, our
injustice, our wrongdoing], like the wind, takes us away [carrying us far
from God’s favor, toward destruction].
Romans5:8 But God clearly shows and proves His own love for us, by the fact
that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Speed Trap. You are driving down the road and see a motorcycle cop, for
most people, even if you are doing the speed limit, you still slow down. I
have heard it said, that if the penalty for sin was paid immediately there
would be less sin. There are always consequences to sin and no one is
sinless according to the scriptures. Isaiah tells us that we are unclean
like a leper and that our righteousness is like "filthy rags". Leviticus
explains the way they covered sin by a blood sacrifice. It was gruesome.
Take one of your best animals before God, put your hand on its head and cut
its throat. We have all be headed toward destruction. Paul wrote in Romans
that Christ died for us while we were still sinners. Thank God His mercy is
new everyday. Dear Heavenly Father, I confess that I have sinned and I know
that my sin has separated me from you. I also understand that I can be
forgiven by the death of Jesus upon the cross. I invite you to help me
surrender my life to your will, I turn from my sin, so that I can live for
you with everything that I am, in Jesus precious and powerful name, amen.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment