Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Who am I living to please?

1Cor 2:2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus
Christ and Him crucified. Gal 6:14 But God forbid that I should boast
except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been
crucified to me, and I to the world.

There are so many questions that we all must deal with everyday. What do I
want to be remembered for, my pursuit of God or my appetite for sin? What
do others see in me, Jesus or the world? Who am I living to please? For
many, we boast about our homes, our jobs, our family, and so many other
things. I realize that we need to eat, and yet I know for myself, I have
gotten distracted from the purpose that I believe that I am called to. We
are to know Jesus Christ and Him crucified. We are to boast in nothing else
but the cross of Christ. I read, anyone can wear a cross, the question is,
can you bear one? The Christian walk is not easy, one thing I do know for
sure, it is worth it. Dear Heavenly Father, please help Your children
remember the cross, preach the Gospel, and love the people. Help us to live
in a way that is pleasing to You in all that we do. Help us to empty
ourselves of ourselves and fill us with Holy Spirit, in Jesus precious and
powerful name, amen.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment