Saturday, January 14, 2017

Phillipians 1 Selfish ambition?

15It’s true that some are preaching out of jealousy and rivalry. But others preach about Christ with pure motives. 16They preach because they love me, for they know I have been appointed to defend the Good News. 17Those others do not have pure motives as they preach about Christ. They preach with selfish ambition, not sincerely, intending to make my chains more painful to me. 18But that doesn’t matter. Whether their motives are false or genuine, the message about Christ is being preached either way, so I rejoice. And I will continue to rejoice. 19For I know that as you pray for me and the Spirit of Jesus Christ helps me, this will lead to my deliverance.

When we read these verses, what comes to mind?
Television evangelism!
Most falsely preach that if you give to them you will be rewarded ten fold.
I've always wondered how God will deal with them but Paul also reminds us that they still preach the message of Christ albeit with selfish ambition. So rejoice, and let God deal with them in His time and His way.

Please continue to pray for each other so the Spirit of Jesus Christ helps us.

May our Lord bless you and keep His hand of protection over you and your family.

This article states over 90,000 Christians gave their lives because of their faith in Jesus Christ last year.
http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2017/01/13/report-2016-worst-year-yet-christian-persecution/

Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment