Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Philippians 3 Are the dogs 🐶 nipping at your heals?

The Priceless Value of Knowing Christ
1Whatever happens, my dear brothers and sisters,a rejoice in the Lord. I never get tired of telling you these things, and I do it to safeguard your faith.
2Watch out for those dogs, those people who do evil, those mutilators who say you must be circumcised to be saved. 3For we who worship by the Spirit of Godbare the ones who are truly circumcised. We rely on what Christ Jesus has done for us. We put no confidence in human effort, 4though I could have confidence in my own effort if anyone could. Indeed, if others have reason for confidence in their own efforts, I have even more!

Safe guarding your faith, watching out for those dogs!
Paul doesn't mince words here. He goes on to say, those mutilators who say you must be circumcised to be saved.
Brethren we must be careful of those dogs who put conditions on Christ's free gift of salvation! They tell you you have to attend church on the sabbath, you have to be baptized or you have to do this or that to obtain "true" salvation.

Yes if you truly worship by the Spirit of God you are truly circumcised in Gods eyes.  
We rely on what Jesus Christ has done on the cross for us and put no confidence in any human effort regarding salvation!

I can only have confidence in my own efforts when they are guided by the Holy Spirit.
Any and all of my efforts without the Holy Spirit are futile! It's akin to spitting in the wind!

When you walk out your door today into our cruel world ask the Holy Spirit to guide your efforts, otherwise your efforts will be futile and the dogs will surround you while nipping at your heals.

Dear Heavenly Father I pray that build up and safeguard the faith in Christ of those reading this devotional today. Keep the dogs away from them and their loved ones. Keep your hand of protection over them and protect them from the cruelties of this world.
In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment