Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Who else will join me?

Acts11:25 And Barnabas left for Tarsus to search for Saul; 26 and when he
found him, he brought him back to Antioch. For an entire year they met
[with others] in the church and instructed large numbers; and it was in
Antioch that the disciples were first called Christians.

I am a Christian first and above all else. I am a father, son, brother,
friend, I am a mechanic by trade, I have been a student. All these other
things may help identify me to others, but my true identity is in Christ.
For many what they do for work, hobbies, who they are in the world is what
drives them. For the Christian, we are to be driven by the love that we
have been given by God and to share that love with others. The Fruit of the
Holy Spirit is a way that people can tell who a person belongs to. To have
a Love for others, an unselfish care and concern is primary. Joy is the one
that I struggle with due to circumstances of life. I also believe that
people confuse happiness with Joy. Christians are to have an inner Peace.
Patience is not just the ability to wait, but how we behave while we are
waiting. Kindness has a lot to do with understanding how to treat others.
Goodness is an action towards others in giving. Faithfulness is unto God
and others, without cheating, lying or disrespect. Gentleness is living
humble before all. I believe that Self-Control is last because that is the
one that many struggle with and is so hard to maintain. I know that I have
areas of my life that are not glorifying to God, but with the help of Holy
Spirit and the love of Jesus I will continue to strive to finish my race
well. Who else will join me?

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment