Sunday, February 19, 2017

Overwhelmed!

Hebrews 12:3 Just think of Him Who endured from sinners such grievous
opposition and bitter hostility against Himself [reckon up and consider it
all in comparison with your trials], so that you may not grow weary or
exhausted, losing heart and relaxing and fainting in your minds.

Recently it seems as though I am going from one battle to the next without
any time to rest in between. I understand that I am not the only one going
through this. There have been battles of health, mental, emotional,
financial, battles of purity of mind, body and spirit, challenges at work.
The more that I do to encourage others, the more I feel attacked. There was
one word that came to mind yesterday as I was going through my day,
OVERWHELMED. As I step back and look at who I am living for and why, it
gives me strength to endure. As I was reading, I came across Hebrews 12:3,
and it all came into perspective. I need to think about Jesus and what He
went through and compare that to what I am going through, does not even
come close. I have been renewed by the Word of God and will continue to
renew others. There have been many times that I have shared parts of my
life with others and after they hear of my past, I hear the response that
they are glad they are not me. I share my struggles and I share my past,
not to glorify myself in any way. My desire is to glorify my God for
getting me through it all and never leaving me. If you are being attacked
by the enemy, take heart, you are not alone. If you do not feel attacked,
evaluate your life and see if you are working for God's kingdom or your own.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment