Saturday, February 4, 2017

Do you have a prayer?

Matt7:22 Many will say to Me on that day, Lord, Lord, have we not
prophesied in Your name and driven out demons in Your name and done many
mighty works in Your name? 23 And then I will say to them openly
(publicly), I never knew you; depart from Me, you who act wickedly
[disregarding My commands].

If you do not know Jesus, you do not have a prayer. There is an old saying,
"It is not about what you know, it is all about who you know". This comes
true in many aspects of our lives. As a child, I grew up in a "religion".
It was about how to do things and why. I don't ever remember hearing about
"Who" to do things with, the relationship that goes along with it. I have a
friend that does T-shirt screen printing. There were many times that he
would do a job and then he would do something special for me. He would do a
long-sleeve when all the others were short, or give me a different color or
even a hoodie, something that only I would get. People would ask where did
I get it and why they didn't get one. My answer was simple, I knew the
maker, he is my friend. There are many people who read the Bible, sing the
songs, go through the motions, and yet, do not know the Author or Who they
are worshiping. My relationship with the Lord is not as good as I would
like it to be. Brethren, may we all draw close the the Lord Jesus today and
be intimate with the Almighty God and truly experience the best
relationship that we can ever have by the power of Holy Spirit, in Jesus
name, amen.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment