Saturday, February 18, 2017

A Church Full. Matthew 5:17-20 NLT

Matthew 5:17-20 NLT
Teaching about the Law
17 “Don’t misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose. 18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest detail of God’s law will disappear until its purpose is achieved. 19 So if you ignore the least commandment and teach others to do the same, you will be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven. But anyone who obeys God’s laws and teaches them will be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven.
20 "But I warn you—unless your righteousness is better than the righteousness of the teachers of religious law and the Pharisees, you will never enter the Kingdom of Heaven!
I am a Christian but I am not perfect. Everyday I think things I shouldn't think, say things I shouldn't say and do things I shouldn't do. But I try. Every day I try to live better then the day before. I try to catch the things I shouldn't think and turn my thoughts around. I try to stop myself from saying the things I shouldn't say and I try to not do the things I shouldn't do. It's an ongoing process. 
Someone recently said to me they don't go to church because the church is full of hypocrites. I wanted to respond "Then by all means, don't go, they don't need another one." I bit my tongue . I don't see the church as full of hypocrites. I see the church full of imperfect people serving an perfect God. I see the church full of injured, ailing people needing healing from Jesus. I see the church full of people hurting and suffering from the sins of this world who have found the answer to a better way of life. That way is Jesus. 
Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment