Friday, February 10, 2017

Got to or Get to?

2Tim4:2 preach the word [as an official messenger]; be ready when the time
is right and even when it is not [keep your sense of urgency, whether the
opportunity seems favorable or unfavorable, whether convenient or
inconvenient, whether welcome or unwelcome]; correct [those who err in
doctrine or behavior], warn [those who sin], exhort and encourage [those
who are growing toward spiritual maturity], with inexhaustible patience and
[faithful] teaching.

Is it a "Got too", or a "Get too"? For many of us, we "Got too" go to work,
"Got too" pay our bills, and many times we feel as if we "Got too" go to
church. Many people do not even talk about Jesus even though that is what
we are called to do. There was an old saying, don't talk about politics or
religion. I only mention religion as an example of what I do not practice.
I am in a relationship with the One True Living God. There was a time when
I was a baby Christian that I was approached by Jim and a friend of his,
the were Jehovah Witnesses. They shared what they believed and I had doubt
of what I believed. I was told by some brothers that I needed to know,
understand, and find out the truth. I looked into the Word of God and found
the truth. After that I found myself ready. I prayed for the boldness of
Paul to share the love that I have for my Savior. I am no where close to
Paul's level but I am not where I was. There needs to be an urgency in our
lifestyles to correct, warn, exhort and encourage. Jesus is coming back
soon. What words will you hear from Him, simply, "Enter into your rest", or
"Well done good and faithful servant"?

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment