Friday, February 10, 2017

Colossians 2 Are you cold or hot?

Berean Study Bible
Absent in Body, Present in Spirit
(Revelation 3:14-22)
1I want you to know how much I am struggling for you and for those at Laodicea, and for all who have not met me face to face, 2that they may be encouraged in heart, knit together in love, and filled with the full riches of complete understanding, so that they may know the mystery of God, namely Christ, 3in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
4I say this so that no one will deceive you by smooth rhetoric. 5For although I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit, and I delight to see your orderly condition and firm faith in Christ.

What happened to the church of Laodicea? They had Paul's instruction in Christ the Lord, an orderly condition and firm in the faith. They knew Christ!

Read Revelation 3: 14-22
They became stagnant, they slipped away and were neither cold or hot for Christ. Jesus was going to spit them out of His mouth.

How is your walk with Christ? Are you cold, hot or neither?
Only you can answer that question.
Do you thank Him daily for your supply?
Do you walk through the pages of Bible daily, being refreshed in His word?
Do you pray and talk to Him daily?
Do you spread the Good News?

Don't have the time for Jesus?

Matthew 7: 21“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment