Thursday, February 2, 2017

Philippians 4 sweet-smelling sacrifice

15As you know, you Philippians were the only ones who gave me financial help when I first brought you the Good News and then traveled on from Macedonia. No other church did this. 16Even when I was in Thessalonica you sent help more than once. 17I don’t say this because I want a gift from you. Rather, I want you to receive a reward for your kindness.
18At the moment I have all I need—and more! I am generously supplied with the gifts you sent me with Epaphroditus. They are a sweet-smelling sacrifice that is acceptable and pleasing to God. 19And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.

Have you ever been struggling as a Christian and help came to you without an explanation? I believe we will be amazed when we go to heaven and realize all the help we received from the Lord, from an angel, from man, from a friend, from a Christian.

Has the Lord ever put on your heart to help someone in need? We have done so an anonymously many times and God gives you the feeling of fullness that no one else can ever give you.

Brethren, He instructs us to help the orphans and widows. To help the poor.
Has He not blessed you? Will you share your blessings?
Remember; "They are a sweet-smelling sacrifice that is acceptable and pleasing to God."

May our Lord bless you today, supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus, and put someone on your heart that your blessings can overflow on, whether by financial, by skill and labor, or by encouragement and prayer.

Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment