Saturday, December 31, 2016

Will you stand up in the face of the enemy?

Psalms 116:15 Precious [and of great consequence] in the sight of the Lord
Is the death of His godly ones [so He watches over them]. Phil 1:21 For to
me, to live is Christ [He is my source of joy, my reason to live] and to
die is gain [for I will be with Him in eternity].

Rachel Joy Scott is not a name that very many people know. If I mention,
Cassie Bernall and Columbine, it may come together. Rachel was the second
shooting victim, she saw what happened to Cassie and still stood faithful.
Through out the ages there have been many that have been tortured and
killed because of their faith in Christ. John the Baptist was beheaded,
James the brother of John was killed with the sword, Stephen was stoned,
Peter was crucified upside down. There is a song by Rich Mullins that says,
"But when I leave I want to go out like Elijah With a whirlwind to fuel my
chariot of fire", but if I can't do that, I pray that I am strong enough in
my faith to go out boldly as those who have been martyred in the past.
Brethren as the new year is upon us, may God give us boldness to stand up
in the face of the enemy and proclaim Jesus with all that we are, no matter
the consequences. I pray this in Jesus precious and powerful name, amen.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment