Sunday, December 18, 2016

the Weight Of The Cross. Matthew 16:24-26

Matthew 16: 24-26 NKJV
Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. 25 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. 26 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? 

I use to tell our son he was the cross I had to bear. He would respond "And I'm the bear you have to cross". 
He wasn't joking! Especially at 7:00 am when it was time to get up for school!

But seriously, what value does anything in this world have if by gaining it, you loose eternal life with Christ? 
I can't think of anything I would rather have then a forever life with Jesus. I think we can agree, any hardship this world throws at us can be endured for this short time we have on this earth. When we look at the span of a life compared to eternity, we are here just a little while. 

Whatever you are facing today, take heart, it does have an end. Someday it will be over and you will be free of the pain, no longer weary, no longer straining under the weight of that cross. Free to live eternally as God intended.

Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment