Wednesday, December 14, 2016

We must show them the Savior!

Mark2:14 As He was passing by, He saw Levi (Matthew)...sitting in the tax
collector’s booth, and He said to him, “Follow Me [as My disciple,
accepting Me as your Master and Teacher and walking the same path of life
that I walk].” And he got up and followed Him [becoming His disciple,
believing and trusting in Him and following His example].15 And it happened
that Jesus was reclining at the table in Levi’s house, and many tax
collectors and sinners [including non-observant Jews] were eating with Him
and His disciples...

 Friend Request - Delete Request. Recently, I have had many people that
have sent me a friend request. Some are genuine, some are scams and some
are sinners seeking. I had one person that I judged because of their
friends list, that I thought may not have good intentions, to whom I
apologized. Jesus hung out with all kinds of different people. Levi was a
tax collector and then became a disciple. There was a dinner party at
Levi's and there were many tax collectors and sinners, probably old
friends. Friendship has changed over the years. I remember growing up and
the people that were your friends, were the people that you hung out with
in person. Today, due to Facebook and multimedia, we can have friends all
over the world. For me, as a Christian, I feel very blessed to have the
friends that I have, hearing about the weather in Canada, the people of the
Philippines, and seeing food from around the world. Sometimes, Christians
have a problem with the people of the world, maybe they think it might rub
off. Jesus did not run from people and neither should Christians. Not
saying to get caught up in their sin, but we MUST show them the Savior.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment