Saturday, December 3, 2016

Galatians 6 Do you bear the brand marks of Jesus Christ?

11See with what large letters I am writing to you with my own hand. 12Those who desire to make a good showing in the flesh try to compel you to be circumcised, simply so that they will not be persecuted for the cross of Christ.13For those who are circumcised do not even keep the Law themselves, but they desire to have you circumcised so that they may boast in your flesh. 14But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 15For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation. 16And those who will walk by this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God.
17From now on let no one cause trouble for me, for I bear on my body the brand-marks of Jesus.
18The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brethren. Amen.

Paul's eyes were giving him trouble which is why he was writing in big letters. I can relate as I'm getting cataracts and having some trouble reading also.
Do you have Christian friends that advise you that you must do this or that for salvation other than accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior? The Bible tells us we are to correct brethren with love of Christ.

Paul calls them false teachers and rebukes them! Don't let them boast in you!

Do you boast in the cross of Jesus Christ? You have a story to tell, your salvation story! Use it to lead others to Christ. The world must be crucified in you and you in the world. You must be different, how else would others know you are of Jesus Christ? You have His mark upon you, act like it!

Paul paid a price for preaching salvation through Jesus Christ and  "bear on my body the brand-marks of Jesus."
He was beaten, whipped, stoned (with real stones, not smoking weed) and eventually gave his life for Christ.

Examine your salvation and walk with Jesus Christ. Do you bear on your body the brand marks of Jesus Christ?

Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment