Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Because of those words I am here today.

Ps19:14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be
acceptable and pleasing in Your sight, O Lord, my [firm, immovable] rock
and my Redeemer. Eph4:29 Do not let unwholesome [foul, profane, worthless,
vulgar] words ever come out of your mouth, but only such speech as is good
for building up others, according to the need and the occasion, so that it
will be a blessing to those who hear [you speak].

Words have power, power to heal and power to hurt, power to build up and
power to tear down. The way that people talk shows their heart. It seems
almost weird that someone can carry on a conversation without using any
vulgarity these days. David's desire was to, "Let the words of my mouth and
the meditation of my heart Be acceptable and pleasing in Your sight, O
Lord. In Ephesians, we are instructed what not to say, "Do not let
unwholesome [foul, profane, worthless, vulgar] words ever come out of your
mouth". To build someone up takes love, concern and a genuine care. The
words that you speak may even be just the right words to save a life. A few
of the most important words we can ever say are also the simplest, Jesus
loves you and I love you too. I know personally that hearing those words at
a difficult part of my life helped me make through to the next day. And
because of those words, I am here today.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment