Friday, December 23, 2016

Ephesians 4 What individual part can you supply?

15but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ, 16from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love.

How often do we not speak in truth and love? I'm guilty, there are times when I'm busy doing a repair or project and my wife asks me what I'm doing and my response is not in love.
As Paul has written in Romans 7:15
For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate.

Christ is the head of the church, we are part of the body being fitted together where the Holy Spirit desires us to be. Everyone has their own spiritual gifts and together our gifts supply the church to become whole, supplying the needs to everyone building ourselves up in the love of Christ.
Where do you fit into the body of Christ? Start with prayer. You can volunteer with something as simple as a greeter, or maybe you have a special love for children, then you can supply a need in the children's ministry.
What individual part can you supply that causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love?

Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment