Friday, December 16, 2016

Time Before We Move Forward. Matthew 6:9-15

Matthew 6:9-15 (NKJV)
9 In this manner, therefore, pray:
Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
10 Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
13 And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.
14 “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.


What keeps us from forgiving those who have hurt us? I'm thinking of the people in my life right now I am angry with. Yeah, it's plural. I hold on to my anger like a life line, unwilling to loosen my grip. What am I afraid of? The fall. The pain. The healing process. If I hang on to my anger a little longer, I won't have to deal with the aftermath of forgiveness. I can keep the walls around my heart intact and not see the brokenness that lies behind it. 
Maybe later today I will forgive, maybe tomorrow. I will though, because I have to. I'm commanded to. I want Jesus to forgive me so I will forgive them. Sometimes we just need time. Time to process the hurt. Time to come to terms. Time to soak in what we have learned. Time before we move forward.
Blessings, Cecilia 

No comments:

Post a Comment