Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Childhood bible songs...

Matt18:2 He called a little child and set him before them, 3 and said, “I
assure you and most solemnly say to you, unless you repent [that is, change
your inner self—your old way of thinking, live changed lives] and become
like children [trusting, humble, and forgiving], you will never enter the
kingdom of heaven.

Childhood Bible songs seemed so simple and pure, and as we grow up,
sometimes too simple to believe and follow. Jesus loves me! This I know,
For the Bible tells me so. This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it
shine. Jesus was very direct and straight forward about what it takes to
enter the kingdom of heaven, repentance, humility and a childlike faith. As
I look at my grandchildren, I can see a faith in God that is true, pure and
innocent. I want to go back to that simple faith that believes without
having to understand, and still knowing that God holds the universe in the
palm of His hand. There is another song for the saints to reflect upon, I
may never march in the infantry Ride in the cavalry Shoot the artillery I
may never fly o'er the enemy But I'm in the Lord's army! Yes sir! I am not
sure about anyone else, I want to go back to believing and sharing a simple
message, back to the power of God to save through Jesus Christ's death upon
the cross.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment