Tuesday, December 27, 2016

I am not who I use to be!

Luke 5:31 And Jesus replied to them, “It is not those who are healthy who
need a physician, but [only] those who are sick. 32 I did not come to call
the [self-proclaimed] righteous [who see no need to repent], but sinners to
repentance [to change their old way of thinking, to turn from sin and to
seek God and His righteousness].”

I was the drug addict that Jesus came to save. I was also a drunkard,
sexually immoral, a thief, a liar, and a few other things that I am not
proud of. I know that I am a sinner, I desired something different, my
righteousness is in Christ alone. I am very thankful that God got me away
from that lifestyle. I recently read about a couple that overdosed on drugs
and died, a few days later their baby died from neglect. There are stories
like this we hear about almost everyday. There are people that I lived that
lifestyle with, that are still caught up in it. I know of one that was
baptized the same night that I was, almost 16 years ago, that went back, or
maybe never really left. My heart breaks for them and seeing the pain and
misery that they are suffering. Dear Lord, please, please help those that
You love come to You in complete surrender. Please help and protect the
innocent that are affected by the sins of those around them. In Jesus name,
amen. I am living proof that God is alive and active, I may not be who I
want to be, but one thing is for sure, I am not who I use to be.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment