Thursday, December 1, 2016

God looks at the heart!

Prov31:30 Charm and grace are deceptive, and [superficial] beauty is vain,
But a woman who fears the Lord [reverently worshiping, obeying, serving,
and trusting Him with awe-filled respect], she shall be praised.
1Sam16:7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at
the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees
not as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord
looks at the heart.”

Have you ever looked at someone and thought, that person is one of the most
beautiful/handsome people I have ever seen. They have everything, looks,
charm, grace, natural sex appeal, and talent. Everything that the world
admires. Then there are people that look at themselves and say,"WOW". It is
estimated that over 93 million selfies are taken everyday. I saw a post
that asked what people love about you, "I love your____?". What does your
world love about you? What do they see that might inspire them? My life as
a Christian has had mountains and valley's, success' and failures. My
desire is that people "love my" devotion to God, my fear of the Lord, and
being filled with the Holy Spirit. Brethren, the praise that we seek should
come from the Lord, not from people or even ourselves, and we must remember
that God looks at the heart.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment