Saturday, December 10, 2016

Ephesians 2 We are alive!

1And you were dead in your trespasses and sins, 2in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. 3Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest. 4But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),

Who is "the prince of the power of the air,"?
Satan!

"3Among them we too all formerly lived."
Do you consider yourself as "we", too? You know, children of wrath! I was counted as one of these!

"4But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love".
Have you ever been given something by the hand of God, and at that instant you knew it was Him? I was, and at the very instant He blessed me, I broke down, with tears in my eyes and asked Him, Why do you love me so?
"His great love with which He loved us". Why would He love me, a sinner, who was lost in my sins......
I think all of us struggle with this from time to time. But you need to remember that when we accepted Jesus Christ, the Father adopted us as His children. That's love!

"made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved."
AMEN! We are alive!

Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment