Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Who are you serving?

Gal 1:10 Am I now trying to win the favor *and* approval of men, or of God?
Or am I seeking to please someone? If I were still trying to be popular
with men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ.

Who are you trying to please and win the approval of, men or God? There
have been many times throughout my life that I needed affirmation that I am
doing good. I looked for that from my father, my wife, my children, my
employers, and so many other people. When I became a Christian, I
discovered that the one and only person I really need to please is God, and
if I pleased God, I will be what I need to be to others. People serve God
for many different reasons. The apostle Paul served God as a bond-servant,
a servant without wages. Our jobs and other responsibilities are "got
too's", we need to do certain things to survive. Church, ministry, loving
the people, has always been a "get too", for me. God's army is majorly
volunteer. Bob Dylan wrote, "But you're gonna have to serve somebody, yes
Indeed you're gonna have to serve somebody Well, it may be the devil or it
may be the Lord But you're gonna have to serve somebody". Who are you
serving and why?

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment