Monday, November 28, 2016

We have found the Messiah!

John1:40 One of the two who heard John *speak,* and followed Him, was
Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother. 41 He first found his own brother Simon, and
said to him, “We have found the Messiah” (which is translated, the Christ).
42 And he brought him to Jesus.

I remember my first real encounter with Jesus. It was not in a church, it
was not at a revival. I met Jesus, Father's Day 2000 in my children's
bedroom. I was all alone, it was just me and Him. From that day forward, my
desire has been to know Him more and make Him known to all that I come in
contact with. I look at so many people in the Scriptures and want to be
like them. I look at Paul and want his boldness. I look at Barnabas and
want to encourage. I look at Andrew, and see a man who had an experience
with the Christ and was bringing everyone he met to meet Him. There are
many people who profess Christ and tell no one about Him. There is talk of
sports, a job, money, politics, of a spouse or grandchildren without
hesitation and yet the mention of Jesus is far from their lips. Brethren,
“We have found the Messiah” and the world, our world needs to know, they
need to meet Him.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment