Tuesday, November 15, 2016

God has us where we need to be.

Phil4:12 I know how to get along and live humbly [in difficult times], and
I also know how to enjoy abundance *and* live in prosperity. In any and
every circumstance I have learned the secret [of facing life], whether
well-fed or going hungry, whether having an abundance or being in need.
1Thes5:18 in every situation [no matter what the circumstances] be thankful
*and* continually give thanks *to God*; for this is the will of God for you
in Christ Jesus.

There have been many times throughout my life, before Christ and in Christ,
that I have tried to figure out what is going on. Things just don't seem to
go my way. There are struggles that I face that at times are overwhelming.
I see others and the lives that they have, and from the outside, it seems
as if they got it all together, they seem to be truly blessed in every
aspect of their life. I look at the Apostle Paul and see a man with a lot
of similarities of my own life. Good times, bad times. As I look to his
writings, to his example, through it all he was thankful. Many people that
I know are facing battles, with a job, trying to find their future, whether
with school, a relationship, family, housing, just in general, life.
Brethren, may we be continually thankful above all, and realize that our
God has us where we need to be for His purpose and not ours.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment