Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Galatians 4 How is your spiritual blessing?

 12I beg of you, brethren, become as I am, for I also have become as you are. You have done me no wrong; 13but you know that it was because of a bodily illness that I preached the gospel to you the first time; 14and that which was a trial to you in my bodily condition you did not despise or loathe, but you received me as an angel of God, as Christ Jesus Himself. 15Where then is that sense of blessing you had? For I bear you witness that, if possible, you would have plucked out your eyes and given them to me. 

The Galatians were being led astray, they originally had a heart for Jesus like you and I when we first came to Christ. What causes the fire for Jesus to be doused? Satan uses everything at his disposal to bring us down!

Paul referred to his illness with his eyes and how the Galatians would have gladly given him their own eyes and how they accepted his condition. 

I recall while serving as a chaplain at a veterans home, a particular veteran whom because of his illness and bodily condition I wasn't comfortable visiting him. The Lord made me stronger when I was weak! I prayed and the Lord gave me courage and strength. It took time, as it started going to his bedside and silently praying for him. Later as time passed I was able to accept his condition and read and pray out loud for him and his family.

May we be not led astray, and our blessing stay strong, and no mater what our condition or theirs be able to receive or preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment