Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Galatians 1 do not swear an oath at all

18Then three years later I went up to Jerusalem to become acquainted with Cephas, and stayed with him fifteen days. 19But I did not see any other of the apostles except James, the Lord’s brother. 20(Now in what I am writing to you, I assure you before God that I am not lying.) 21Then I went into the regions of Syria and Cilicia. 22I was still unknown by sight to the churches of Judea which were in Christ; 23but only, they kept hearing, “He who once persecuted us is now preaching the faith which he once tried to destroy.” 24And they were glorifying God because of me.

Has anyone ever told you that they were telling you the truth only to find out they were lying? We have a saying; How can we tell our son is lying? His lips are moving!
Paul stated: "I assure you before God that I am not lying."
But the Bible says: 
Matthew 5:34 But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: either by heaven, for it is God's throne;
So why did Paul swear a oath by God? We will have to ask him when we meet him in heaven.

Do Christians know your sinful past? Do you use your testimony for His kingdom?
Paul did, why don't you?

As we start this day with a new president elect, pray for him, pray for our country, pray for unity and pray for Gods will!

Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment