Monday, November 14, 2016

Galatians 2 Did Jesus die needlessly for you?

18“For if I rebuild what I have once destroyed, I prove myself to be a transgressor. 19“For through the Law I died to the Law, so that I might live to God. 20“I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. 21“I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly.”

Paul was giving a reflection of his life before and after he came to Christ.
Brethren just as Paul did, the things of the world must die in us if we fully serve our new master Jesus Christ. Do you live by faith?
Do you let go the things of the world and let Jesus live in you?
If not then Jesus died needlessly!

Colossians 3:5 Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.

Romans 13:13 Because we belong to the day, we must live decent lives for all to see. Don't participate in the darkness of wild parties and drunkenness, or in sexual promiscuity and immoral living, or in quarreling and jealousy.

Do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly.”
Replace "Law" with any sinful act you continue to do after coming to Jesus Christ and reread this verse.
What then does the Holy Spirit say to you and lay on your heart?

Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment