Monday, November 7, 2016

Galatians 1 Whom are you a bond servant to?

      10For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ.

Paul Defends His Ministry
11For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.

Whom are you a bond servant to? To this world or to God?
Bond servant: NOUN
* a person bound in service without wages.

Most of us work all day long to make a living to support ourselves and our families. What do you do in your spare time? Chasing after the things of the world, striving to please men? Then you are a bond servant of the world.

Paul goes on to defend his ministry, which he received through a revelation of Jesus Christ.
Have you ever received a revelation? A revelation or a gift that you knew it was from God?
I have, and it was so surprising it brought tears to my eyes and the first thought I had was: God why do you love me so?

May you be the bond servant of Christ that God wants you to be. May you receive revelations and gifts strengthening your faith so you can serve Him and others.

Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment