Thursday, November 24, 2016

Galatians 4 Have you been legalistic?

16So have I become your enemy by telling you the truth?17They eagerly seek you, not commendably, but they wish to shut you out so that you will seek them. 18But it is good always to be eagerly sought in a commendable manner, and not only when I am present with you. 19My children, with whom I am again in labor until Christ is formed in you— 20but I could wish to be present with you now and to change my tone, for I am perplexed about you.

The legalists were continuing to pursue the Galatians. They wanted to bring them in into a super group alienated from the Gentiles because of their intellect. They were pushing the Law and circumcision as a requirement of salvation.
Paul would keep at it until Jesus Christ was formed in them. Until they accepted the free gift of salvation without any forms of legalism as a requirement. Until then Paul expresses that he is perplexed with them.

Has this ever happened with you? Someone tells you you must attend church on the sabbath, or be baptized to be truly saved.

We know how Jesus reacted to the legalists while he was on earth. I wonder how He will deal with them when Judgement comes?

May we all accept His free gift of Salvation without any legalistic bondage.
May you also have a blessed thanksgiving.

Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment