Friday, November 18, 2016

Moment by Moment. 1 John 5:14-17

1 John 5
Confidence and Compassion in Prayer
14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.

16 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. 17 All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death.
Before I became a Christian my prayer life was rather deplorable. I only prayed for others in church on Sunday. My "prayer time" consisted of repetitious memorized chants, for lack of a better description. 
Most of the one sided conversations I had with God were bargaining attempts to get what I wanted, like I really had anything to offer Him that He didn't already have. 
Or so I thought. 
What God really wanted from me, and you, is a surrendered heart. Once we trust God to be Master of our lives, once we submit completely to Him, our prayers change, our needs change and our heart will change. 
Submitting doesn't stop at surrender, it's a continual, daily, sometimes moment by moment process. 
Lord, help us submit to you today. Walk beside us through this day, carry us when we need it, in Your Name we pray, Amen. 
Blessings, Cecilia 


No comments:

Post a Comment