Tuesday, November 29, 2016

May we be Heavenly minded

Ps17:15 As for me, I shall see Your face in righteousness; I will be
[fully] satisfied when I awake [to find myself] seeing Your likeness.
Matt5:8 “Blessed [anticipating God’s presence, spiritually mature] are the
pure in heart [those with integrity, moral courage, and godly character],
for they will see God.

Have you ever really thought about what it will be like when you see Jesus
face to face? There is a song by Mercy Me that has in its lyrics thoughts
of what it might be like: "Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be
still Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall Will I sing
hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all". A few years ago I developed a
tumor in my neck. It ended up being the size of a peach before it was
removed. I was on the operating table and this song was on the radio. I
knew that whatever happened, I was going to be ok. I was excited that in
the next moment I might see Jesus and concerned as well. I have heard
people say that they do not want to go to heaven "yet", that there is so
much more "stuff" they want to do here. For those that think that way, it
seems as if you have no real understanding of what heaven is all about. I
am ready to go today. I want to be with my Jesus. I also understand that
there is so much more to do for the kingdom here. May we be heavenly minded
and earthly good to the glory of God, in Jesus name, amen.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment