Saturday, November 19, 2016

Walk in purity of mind, body and spirit.

Phil2:12 So then, my dear ones, just as you have always obeyed [my
instructions with enthusiasm], not only in my presence, but now much more
in my absence, continue to work out your salvation [that is, cultivate it,
bring it to full effect, actively pursue spiritual maturity] with
awe-inspired fear and trembling [using serious caution and critical
self-evaluation to avoid anything that might offend God or discredit the
name of Christ].

COMPROMISE - a change that makes something worse and that is not done for a
good reason - Merriam-Webster. I have been a Christian for a little over 16
years. Throughout my walk there have been many things that I have done that
I know did not please God. Some of those, I may not have known were wrong
at the time I did them, and others, I knew without a doubt displeased God
and would bring shame to my Jesus. My flesh and selfish pride, led me to do
what I wanted to do. We all will have to give an account for what we did
while here on earth. God desires purity from His children. An occasional
cuss word or innuendo, looking at something you are not suppose to, may
seem like nothing to those around you, but to God it is offensive.
Brethren, may our desire be, to walk in purity of mind, body, and spirit,
in Jesus name, amen.

Douglas 

1 comment: