Sunday, June 18, 2017

What have you built your life upon?

There are 100's of questions that we ask and are asked everyday. Many have
no eternal value. Then there are some, that Christian's need to deal with
in their hearts, in their very souls. Did you really count the cost of
following after Jesus? It says in *Luke 14:28 For which of you, intending
to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he
has enough to finish it— 29 lest, after he has laid the foundation, and is
not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him, 30 saying, ‘This man
began to build and was not able to finish’? 33 So likewise, whoever of you
does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple.* What have you
built your life upon? Have you truly forsaken all to be Jesus' disciple?
For me, these questions are not constant in my mind like I believe that
they should be. I have seen many come to Christ, or at least to church, all
excited and a little while later go back into the world and then have their
friends make fun of Jesus because their devotion was so short lived. There
are some that try to live in both worlds and think that it is ok, they are
comfortable. Brethren, we must take our relationship with Jesus seriously.
Our eternity depends on it. And think of the encouragement of the Apostle
Paul, *Phil 2:12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as
in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own
salvation with fear and trembling*

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment