Friday, June 9, 2017

Hebrews 9 Gods heavenly radio

Redemption through His Blood
11But when Christ came as high priest of the good things that have come, He entered the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made by hands (that is, not of this creation). 12He did not enter by the blood of goats and calves, but He entered the Most Holy Place once for all by His own blood, thus securing eternal redemption.
13For if the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that their bodies are clean, 14how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself unblemished to God, purify our consciences from works of death, so that we may serve the living God!

i. Our conscience is a wonderful tool from God. But it isn’t perfect. Our conscience can be seared (1 Timothy 4:2). Our conscience can be defiled (Titus 1:15). Our conscience can be evil (Hebrews 10:22). (Guzik)

I have a sin I must confess. Months ago when our United States senators voted for the SCOTUS nominee Neil Gorsuch for the Supreme Court I went to my senators Facebook page because she voted against him. Her stated reason was in my eyes dubious and untruthful. She had made a comment about Chuck Schumer's recommendation for her reason for voting no. A SCOTUS nominee is supposed to be voted up or down on their abilities and qualifications, and ten years earlier he received 100% yes votes when he was nominated to the United States District Court. So I left my senator the following comment;
"You have lost my vote! Senator Schumer has a seared conscience. Did you attend the same barbecue?"

Our conscience is a wonderful tool but can be seared, defiled or evil.
Our conscience is Gods heavenly radio within.
Go deeper, read this article. It is very I lightening and has many wonderful quotes.
http://www.bsmi.org/download/lin/VoiceOfGod.pdf

The other day I made a purchase at Lowes, expecting it to be about $300. It came to around $220. I suspected something wrong. I looked at the receipt and didn't see 4 rolls of window tape. As I loaded my truck my conscience said look at the receipt again. I confirmed the the tape wasn't paid for. Satan tried to tell me it's ok, they charge too much. I went back inside and told the cashier I wasn't charged for the tape. She said she scanned them and when she scanned them again the register said item not found. I took a picture of the tag on the shelf and she rang up the $80 purchase.

May we keep our heavenly radio tuned into Gods channel!

Blessings, David





No comments:

Post a Comment