Thursday, June 1, 2017

Surrendering to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.

"I do not understand what God is doing", are words that I have spoken and I
know that many others have spoken as well. It says in *Isaiah 55:8 “For My
thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than
your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.* Any yet the Bible also says
in *1 Cor 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion but of peace...* So
why, are so many confused, distracted and unsure. Many times it is because
of ignorance of the word of God, which is the enemies greatest weapon. I
was reading an article that stated, "After reading this, you will never
ever want to eat McDonald's french fries ever again". Right then and there,
I stopped reading that article. I like McDonald's french fries. This is the
way many people treat the Word of God. When they see something they do not
agree with, they might as well take a black sharpie and cross it out. The
Lord Jesus said in *Luke 6:46 “But why do you call Me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not
do the things which I say?* Many people want to have Jesus as their Savior,
and not necessarily as their Lord. It says in *Romans 10:9 that if you
confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God
has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.* Surrendering to the
Lordship of Jesus Christ is a daily battle. I remember a day that I sinned
and knew that my sin separated me from God. At that moment, Jesus was NOT
the Lord of my life, my flesh was. Brethren, may we know the Word and be
doers of it as well.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment